Maine Snowmobile Safety
Maine Snowmobile Laws, Etiquette, & Safety
Thinking of dusting off the snowmobile and hitting the trails again? Are you new to snowmobiling and not sure of trail etiquette and rules? Here are some tips and basic trail rules to help everyone have a fun time and stay safe this winter season. The best suggestion is to use some good old fashion common sense. The vast network of trails available offers plenty of fun for many winter seasons. To keep the fun coming simply follow the rules, respect the land and have fun Snowmobiling in Maine. Ask us about Maine Snowmobile Vacations or share your Maine Snowmobile comments. To feature your Maine business, contact us.
Maine Snowmobile Safety & Trail Info
Official snowmobile trails have signs that inform the snowmobile operator about the trails. A trail diamond for instance is used to mark official trails. Directional arrows are also used to help prevent snowmobilers from getting lost. Arrows or chevrons are used to warn riders of sharp curves, these are similar to the chevrons that are used on roadways to mark a sharp curve. A sign with diagonal black and yellow stripes is used to mark objects and obstructions that sit along the side of a trail. There are many signs used to mark snowmobile trails, the majority of which are similar to road signs.
Snowmobile Driving/Riding Etiquette
While riding the standard is to ride to the right, like cars on a road. Staying to the right will help everyone’s day run a lot smoother and keep everyone safe. It is important to use hand signals while riding so that everyone else on the trail knows what you are doing, they cannot read your thoughts. Most of the hand signals used are the same as when riding a bike. Also, keep in mind that not only is it dangerous to operate a snowmobile while intoxicated it is illegal.
Snowmobile Safety Tips
Bring a map and stay on marked trails. It is dangerous enough if you are lost or injured on marked trails but if you are not even on an official trail it will be increasingly more difficult to find you and that could cost you more than just a day of fun. Another way to get into trouble real fast is to snowmobile alone. If you are with friends and something happens they can help. If you are alone you can easily find yourself stranded miles from help. Something else that is good to know is that even though some trails pass through private property the landowner is not responsible for the upkeep or safeness of the trail.
Maine Snowmobile Registration Fees
Registration fees are required whether you are a resident of the state or not. The fee goes to a variety of places the majority of it going towards upkeep and care for the snowmobile trails themselves as well as new trails and maintenance equipment. This is done largely through government grants to individual towns and snowmobile clubs that then use the money for the trails.
- Heat Retention: When it comes to warmth and everyday wear, these long johns for men is designed specifically for you to stay protected from the cold.
- Ultra Soft Fleece: Designed with a fleece lining & quality material, these ultra soft mens thermal underwear set will keep you feeling comfortable throughout the day.
- Moisture Wicking: Stay dry with these long underwear mens as they're made from breathable fabric that effectively wicks away moisture and perspiration.
- 4 Way Stretch: Made with stretchable material, these thermals for men allows you freedom of movement with no chafing or bunching up when you move.
- Layer Up: Layering is essential to ward off the cold, so bundle up with a pair of mens thermals this winter and stay comfortable while outside or in bed as a pajama.
- FORCED WARM AIR - dryer works on four garments simultaneously; boots, gloves, helmets, hats and more
- WHISPER QUIET - rotary blower with a 3-hour timer; heats to 105°F/40.5°C will not harm any liners or garments
- KEEPS SHOES FRESH - wet, soggy footwear is a breeding ground for unwanted odors. Dries most items in 1 to 2 hours
- INCLUDES - two removable extension tubes for use with boots up to 16 inches tall; heat or no-heat switch
- DIMENSIONS - 12 inches deep x 7.5 inches high x 15 inches wide; 6-foot power cord; 1 year Warranty
- 12V 5 Heating Zones: The Heated jackets are equipped with 5 carbon fiber heating zones (two on front, one on back, and one on each arm). It can heat up your entire core body area and keeps you warm, there are two heating zones near the front pockets that can keep your hands warm at the same time. You can adjust 3 heating modes by short-pressing the power button (Red, Blue, and Green).
- 12V Battery/Intelligent Led Display: The equipped high capacity 54Wh 12V CE/FCC certified battery can heat the heating elements up to 140°F within a few seconds. Our heated jackets can keep warm up to 3.5-4 hours at the high level, 9-10 hours at the low level. The USB Type-C port can be used to charge smartphones and other mobile devices.
- Durable/Easy Care: DEWBU heated coats are built with high-quality and professional water resistant soft shell materials with excellent breathability. They also have good tensile strength, scratch resistance and wind resistance. Heating elements and overall jacket structure are designed to endure routine hand or machine wash.
- Foldable Hat & Multiple Pockets: The heated hoodie offers you great flexibility by having a foldable hat. They also offer you excellent utility by having 2 large zipper chest pockets, 2 back pockets, 2 small left arm pockets, and 1 small pocket on the left sleeve.
- Multiple Power Supply Methods: DEWBU heated jacket uses a 12V power system, which can be connected to the portable power station, motorbike, boat, ATV, snowmobile, or any other vehicle through a DEWBU 12V connector wire (Connector wire Sold by DEWBU Separately) to keep you warm in extremely cold winter without time limited.
- WATER RESISTANT & WINDPROOF FABRIC - This Balaclava hood is made from water resistant and windproof fleece thermal fabric to effectively reduces the cold index. But it is not full waterproof, it is okay in the light rain but not long time.
- BREATHE FREELY - This full face cover has a breathable mesh design on the nose and mouth part so that you can breathe freely while still keeping warm.
- UNISEX BALACLAVA HAT - Stretchable fabric to fits most heads, it is a good winter gear for men and women.
- GOOD DESIGN - It is a multi-fuctional balaclava, such as, neck warmer, cold weather face cover, head protection from cold, wind, sprinkle and dust. It can be used as neck scarf, bandana and winter cap. The black color can match almost each kind of design and color of clothes.
- GOOD CHOICE IN WINTER FOR - Skiing, Snowboarding, Cycling, Motorcycle, Hunting, Hiking, Climbing, Airsot paintball, Tactical training and so on...
- 100% Other Fibers
- 85 grams ThermaTech Insulation offers warmth in a lightweight, low bulk garment (keeps you warm at temperatures from 20 to 35 degrees)
- Adjustable comfort suspenders for the perfect fit with elasticized side gussets for maximum motion
- 600 Denier Ballistic are used to reinforce the ankle, scuff and hem guards to hold up against daily wear and tear
- Boot zippers for easy on and off, along with convenient O-ring for keys/gloves/lift tickets
- Boot gaiters with grippers form a seamless integration with boots to keep warmth in and moisture out
- Adjustable suspenders offer customized fit, plus elasticized side gussets to accommodate extra mobility
New England Living Magazine