Maine Snowmobile Safety
Maine Snowmobile Laws, Etiquette, & Safety
Thinking of dusting off the snowmobile and hitting the trails again? Are you new to snowmobiling and not sure of trail etiquette and rules? Here are some tips and basic trail rules to help everyone have a fun time and stay safe this winter season. The best suggestion is to use some good old fashion common sense. The vast network of trails available offers plenty of fun for many winter seasons. To keep the fun coming simply follow the rules, respect the land and have fun Snowmobiling in Maine. Ask us about Maine Snowmobile Vacations or share your Maine Snowmobile comments. To feature your Maine business, contact us.
Maine Snowmobile Safety & Trail Info
Official snowmobile trails have signs that inform the snowmobile operator about the trails. A trail diamond for instance is used to mark official trails. Directional arrows are also used to help prevent snowmobilers from getting lost. Arrows or chevrons are used to warn riders of sharp curves, these are similar to the chevrons that are used on roadways to mark a sharp curve. A sign with diagonal black and yellow stripes is used to mark objects and obstructions that sit along the side of a trail. There are many signs used to mark snowmobile trails, the majority of which are similar to road signs.
Snowmobile Driving/Riding Etiquette
While riding the standard is to ride to the right, like cars on a road. Staying to the right will help everyone’s day run a lot smoother and keep everyone safe. It is important to use hand signals while riding so that everyone else on the trail knows what you are doing, they cannot read your thoughts. Most of the hand signals used are the same as when riding a bike. Also, keep in mind that not only is it dangerous to operate a snowmobile while intoxicated it is illegal.
Snowmobile Safety Tips
Bring a map and stay on marked trails. It is dangerous enough if you are lost or injured on marked trails but if you are not even on an official trail it will be increasingly more difficult to find you and that could cost you more than just a day of fun. Another way to get into trouble real fast is to snowmobile alone. If you are with friends and something happens they can help. If you are alone you can easily find yourself stranded miles from help. Something else that is good to know is that even though some trails pass through private property the landowner is not responsible for the upkeep or safeness of the trail.
Maine Snowmobile Registration Fees
Registration fees are required whether you are a resident of the state or not. The fee goes to a variety of places the majority of it going towards upkeep and care for the snowmobile trails themselves as well as new trails and maintenance equipment. This is done largely through government grants to individual towns and snowmobile clubs that then use the money for the trails.
- External grab handles for easy handling
- Locking Pull handle
- End Pockets for shoes and wet items
- Corner Protectors guard against wear and tear at critical contact points
- Large U-shaped main opening
- Drop Bottom construction allows for separation of belongings
- Bumper runners on bottom of duffels
- Body Dimensions: 30.0 inch x 15.0 inch x 15.0 inch Weight: 9.5 Pounds
- Wheel Type: In Line
- Waterproof Windproof Snow Ski Jacket, also can fights bad rainy or misty weather, Keep your body always dry and comfortable when you are outside.
- Adjustable cuffs help to seal and keep warm, and the inner wear-resistant soft shell is highly wind-resistant.
- Professional water repellent coated, fluff lining and durable fabric guarantees the best heat retention, Relaxed-fit style with quick-dry material.
- Multipurpose：Downhill Skiing, Snowboarding, Snowsports and other winter outdoor sports.
- Size notes: Jacket offers a standard fit. Please choose by US size.
- Versatile backpack featuring padded side-access sleeve for 17" laptop and brushed media pocket at top for protective storage
- Front organizer panel and mesh optics pocket
- Compression-molded back panel and adjustable shoulder straps for comfort
- Bottom shoe compartment
- Dimensions:20 H x 14 W x 8 D inches
- Rubber logo is the new updated version of the product
- DURABLE/WATER RESISTANT DUFFEL BAG:REDCAMP water resistant duffel bag is made out of high quality 300D Oxford PU450 fabric.Suitable for carrying Sports/Hunting/Traveling/Hiking Gear or any other Outdoor activity.
- LARGE CAPACITY AND LIGHTWEIGHT:Up to 96L with dimensions of 80x30x40cm/31x12x16 inches (L x W x H); It can be folded into a compact carry pouch of 20x23 cm/ 8x9 inches ( L x W ). Weighs only 0.70 lbs.And 60lbs weight capacity
- POCKETS:The REDCAMP large duffel bag is equipped with 3 outside pockets with 3 open mesh pockets on the side. It also has an interior pocket that the duffel bag folds into when not in use.
- COLORS: Choice of either Black or Light Blue.
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: REDCAMP offers a 365-day full manufacturer warranty. If any piece breaks, contact us and we replace the bag or provide a full refund.
- ULTIMATE PROTECTION for YOUR FACE and YOUR BODY – Achiou balaclava face mask is made from high quality fabric, comfortable and lightweight. Very effective for providing face protection, primarily against the wind, dust, UV while motorcycling or other sports. When winter weather is in full force, this soft mask is quite the treat
- WARM BREATHABLE & KEEP DRY – Achiou ski face masks are tailored to your head and face to ensure that the part to cover the nose not falls down easily. Complete head face neck mask for summer and winter. The balaclava mesh material is breathable, absorbs sweat and will keep you dry. It also fit nicely under your helmet and goggles and keep your face and head warm
- VERSATILITY & BEST GIFTS – Can be worn as full face mask or hat, open balaclava, sun shield masks, half ski mask , neck gaiter or saharan style & ninja hoodie. Wear your balaclava on its own or under a helmet. People use Achiou balaclava for skiing, running, riding, fishing, snowboarding, motorcycling, hiking, Climbing. Perfect fit for Women, Men and Children. It is best gift for your friends and family etc
- ULTIMATE COMFORT: Achiou ski mask provides all-day comfort by keeping you warm and dry. It has a stretchy, lightweight and breathable fabric that protects your face while wicking away moisture. Thermal Dry fabric provides optimal moisture transfer, dry time
- GREAT TO SHARE (GREAT GIFT IDEA TOO!) – while you are enjoy it, send it to your family, friends, or people you loved as a gift for Christmas, New Years, Valentine's Day, Father's day, Mother's Day etc! Also,it's a great gift to runners, athletes, fitness workouts, hiking, cycling, or anyone who need it
- Product Type: Hat
- Package Dimensions: 1.905 L x 8.89 W x 16.51 H (centimeters)
- Made of high quality materials
- Package Weight: 0.045 kilograms
- ULTIMATE PROTECTION & VERSATILITY: UV rays, wind, dust, freezing temperatures, snow, sleet, rain and other elements are no match. You can wear this balaclava as a full face mask, open balaclava, half ski mask or neckerchief on its own, under a helmet, with glasses or goggles. Warm gifts for men women this winter!
- SUPERFINE POLAR FLEECE: Get the most comfort out of your experiences. The Polar Fleece offers extra warmth and protection, even when temperatures are freezing; This non-irritating fabric is lightweight, stretchy, soft and breathable with no pilling, deformation, fading and weird smells.
- EASY BREATH: Insulated mesh fabric prevents fogging up your glasses or goggles; The fit is flexible and design is durable with a refined sewing process to increase its lifespan
- FULL FACE COVERAGE: This mask gives you the option to cover your entire face and features an extra-long neck section for superior wind and cold protection; Perfect for outdoor activities like motorcycle, bicycle, skiing, snowboarding, mountain climbing, hiking, or just spending time in cold weather
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE: Both for men and women with a head circumference of 26” or less. If you have any size issue or you are not 100% satisfied with our ski mask for any reason, please contact our customer support at any time.
- Quick dry and breathable fabric. Won't deform and fade, as mild as the second skin. Keep cool in summer, stay dry and warm in winter, excellent for outdoor sports
- 2 side pockets provide the convenience of carrying essentials for outdoor sports; wide waistband for optimal coverage and the 4 way stretch fabric for mobility in any direction, more flexible and cool dry in training
- Aesthetic part of your workout and optimize your performance. Leggings provided excellent protection from the sun, the flatlock seams against abrasions and make it more durable
- The tight fit, is meant to increase blood flow while you're working out and decrease muscle soreness afterward. Order 1 size down then normally if you need more tight fit
- It fits all seasons & can be wore for any sports, like bjj, yoga, trekking, mountain hiking, running, marathon and golf etc. It is also perfect for football, basketball and baseball training
- Windproof: Adjustable cuffs with hooks and loops; Internal drawcord hem, detachable and adjustable storm hood help to keep wind out. Note: Zipper on the Left side
- Water repellent: Professional water repellent jacket, keep your body always dry and comfortable, you won't worry about getting wet while skiing, snowboarding, hunting, hiking in inclement weather
- Fleece Lining: Windproof Warm Jacket Coat With Thermal Fleece Lining to Keep You Warm in Cold Weather
- Multi Pockets: 1 Zipper chest pocket, 2 huge zipper side pockets, 1 deep inner zipper pocket
- Note: Zipper is on the Left side; Great for: Ourdoor sports, camping, hiking, climbing, skiing, snowboarding, trekking, fishing and travelling; Note: Standard US size
New England Living Magazine