Fifteen Questions to Ask Before You Book A Maine Vacation Rental
Maine Vacation Rentals – Cabins – Cottages – Rental Homes – Condos
Renting a great Maine vacation home, waterfront cottage or condominium is easy, fun, and a wonderful way to enjoy a Maine vacation. Maine Living suggests working with one of the professional Maine vacation agencies and websites found in our Maine Vacation Rentals section. To feature your Maine Vacation Rental on MELiving.com, please contact us.Fifteen Questions to Ask Before Booking Vacation Rentals
The short-term vacation rental home and condo choices now available are fantastic. Waterfront luxury homes, ski-in, and ski-out condos at Sunday River and other Maine Ski Areas, backwoods camps and log cabin rentals, and Downeast Maine cottages are available. Quality Maine vacation rental property, however, is in high demand and often is sold well in advance. It is always best to look and book well in advance of your planned visit, especially when seeking the perfect vacation rental property.
There are many things to consider when shopping for a Maine vacation rental home or condo. Renting a private vacation home or condo is different than staying at a hotel. Some of things you may not think about but may want to ask your rental property owner or agent include:
- What’s the best route to take in order to avoid traffic?
- Do you have a DVD player? What movies do you have on hand?
- What kinds of “extras” do you have that I might want to know about, and where can I find them? (A lobster pot under the kitchen sink, board games in the hall closet, a sand bucket and shovel under the kids’ bed, etc.)
- What Maine restaurants do you recommend? What are your favorite entrees there?
- Which grocery stores are the best?
- Where are the best golf courses? Hiking trails? Birding spots? Picnic areas?
- What are some fun, “non-touristy” activities we can do?
- What linens do you provide, if any?
- What “conveniences” do you have on hand? (i.e., hair dryers, toothpaste, shampoo, soap, laundry detergent, etc.)
- What kind of cleaning chores, if any, should we do before we check out?
- Can you provide directions to the nearest hospital, just in case?
- What places of worship are nearby? (In case you want to attend services.)
- What kind of dog-friendly activities are there to do in the area? (Assuming the owner allows pets.)
- Who do I contact if there is some sort of problem while I’m here, for instance, if the water heater stops working or the power goes out?
- Is there anything else you can tell me to help my family have the best possible Maine vacation experience?
The best place to start is to visit the Maine vacation home rentals by region.
Maine Rentals by Region
|Aroostook County ME Rentals
Fort Kent, Houlton, Presque Isle, Fort Fairfield, Madawaska
|Downeast & Acadia ME Rentals
Bar Harbor, Blue Hill, Deer Isle, Eastport, Lubec, Cherryfield, Machias
|Greater Portland & Casco Bay ME Rentals
Portland, Freeport, Yarmouth, Westbrook, Cape Elizabeth
|Kennebec & Moose River Valley ME Rentals
Augusta, Skowhegan, Waterville, The Forks
|Lakes & Mountains ME Rentals
Auburn, Lewiston, Norway, Bethel, Farmington, Naples
|Midcoast Maine Rentals
Bath, Boothbay Harbor, Camden, Rockland, Brunswick, Belfast, Searsport
|South Coastal ME Rentals
Biddeford, Kennebunkport, Kittery, Ogunquit, Old Orchard Beach, Saco, Wells, York
|Katahdin & Moosehead ME Rentals
Bangor, Brewer, Greenville, Lincoln, Millinocket, Orono, Baxter State Park